Thursday, September 10, 2015

Surprise, I'm in Atlanta!

It was one week before college stated and all my friends had already left, leaving me home alone. While I don't enjoy being overly dramatic, I was unbearably lonely. I walked downstairs from my room and proposed a plan to my parents, preparing for a instant shutdown. I asked if I could go visit Julia in Atlanta.. in 4 days. Much to my delight, they agreed, thinking that a little trip would be good for my mental stability (and boy were they right). I got in contact with Julia's mom, who joyously approved of the plan and helped me plan my flights. The days leading up to departure day were grueling, but when the day finally came I happily got up at the crack of dawn and boarded my flight to Atlanta. Upon arriving, I spotted Mrs. Beck and ran to her car, not even trying to hide my excitement. We made our way back to her house, discussing our plan and how to go about surprising Julia. Once we pulled the car in the driveway, Mrs. Beck honked 3 times and out came Julia, with her mouth wide open and tears forming in her eyes. I wouldn't trade her facial expression for the world.


Julia apologized for not preparing plans for us, on account of the fact that she had no idea that I would even be in the state. Nevertheless, she proposed the idea of a picnic. 




We sat in Peamont park, chatting, eating food, and tossing around a frisbee. When it came time to pack up, we headed off the the aquarium. 


We wasted the afternoon away looking at fish and other sea creatures, eventually retiring to dinner at a thai restaurant-- both of our favorites.

The next couple days were spent doing typical best friend stuff that LDBFFS (long distance best friends) don't get the chance to do. We watched movies, netflix, played board games, even took a trip to Julia's high school so that I could meet her best friends. As always, saying goodbye to your best friend is hard, especially when you have no idea when you will see each other next, but it was time for Julia to begin her adventure in Central/South America and for me to start college.

Good seeing you Jules, TQM