Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunsets are better in Siesta

My econ final was over, my bag was packed, and I was blasting the 1975 down the highway en route to Emily's house. The day we had been fantasizing about for months was here, my first adventure with my new lifelong travel buddy was a-go. After tossing Em's Lilly Pulitzer bag in the trunk (more on that later), we hopped in the back seat of the car, dogs-on-lap, and we headed off to the place me and Em know and love, PHL. Walking through the airport with two pocket sized dogs elicited "oooh"s and "aah"s from all directions, but eventually came the time to board the plane- Chickie and Pete's in one hand and dog leashes in the other.


We spent the rainy days shopping and watching movies, and the sunny days by the water, whether it be reading by the pool, tanning by the ocean, or kayaking on the bay. 



When we weren't baking under the sun, we filled our days with some of my favorite activities that happened to align perfectly with those of the Carpey's. We walked through golf courses and strolled through art museums, and when it came night time, we watched movies and sat by the fire pit. 





We spent the last day brunching and lounging by the pool, getting the most out of our limited time left in this paradise. Emily had her laughs parading me around the house in various Lilly prints, and I had my tears saying goodbye to my new best friend Oliver (sorry em), but we left with smiles on our faces knowing that our next adventures weren't too far away... (Em had 1 week until Colorado and I had 2 weeks until Vermont).




So long, Siesta. I'll miss you and your beautiful sunsets.