Monday, August 22, 2016

Surf, Spanish, Yoga, Repeat

Hola! Yesterday marks one week since I've been in Jacó, Costa Rica, staying at Escuela del Mundo (School of the World). As many of you know, I've spent countless months hyping this trip up, and let me tell you, it's well worth the hype. Upon arrival in San José, I felt my chest lighten- god, it's been so long! (Well, about a year, but long enough). I reached the school that I would be staying at and was immediately welcomed by an array of travelers just like me- people seeking waves and peace.



My days have been busy, waking up at 5:30am to catch high tide (well worth it though, we are the only ones on the beach!), then taking two Spanish classes, then going to yoga. After that? I pretty much pass out to make sure I'm well rested for the next morning's early wake up call. I know it sounds chill- believe me, it is- but all those classes can suck the energy right out of you.


Surf here is phenomenal... when I'm not being eaten alive by jellies. My teacher Esteban is so talented and I have so much respect for him, even though he calls me "child" despite being only a few years older than me (cue eye roll).



I spent this past weekend exploring Manuel Antonio National Park and afterwards, Christian took us to a hidden waterfall on a private property where we could jump into the pools!



I'm having such a great time here in the small surf town of Jacó. The friends I have made span from England to Germany to Australia to Canada, and far between. I can't believe a week has passed, but I'm beyond excited to continue this journey for 3 more weeks!

Habla Pronto!