Monday, August 17, 2015

My House In Budapest...

My knowledge of Budapest consists of 2 viewings of Wes Anderson's 'Grand Budapest Hotel,' and countless listenings of George Ezra's hit song.. but nothing could have prepared me for the city itself. 
Budapest is separated by a river, with one side being the "Buda" side and the other being the "Pest" side. Buda is much more hilly and dynamic, while Pest (as seen in the above picture) is very flat. The first night, we took a late night boat ride where we got to see the beautiful city lit up before our eyes. Two hours and countless glasses of champagne later, we headed off to bed.
Similar to the cities we had visited previously, Budapest too bled history, as we toured old squares and monuments.
While not exactly my idea of fun, I can't deny that the sights were pretty beautiful.